Monday, January 21, 2013

Blah, Blah, Blah

I was talking with writing buddy +L. T. Dalin about self-image and the writing process. During that good discussion, I think we each in our own way came to see the folly of "who I am" labels like "content developer" or "housewife" or even "novelist." We're just writing now. What anyone else from the outside puts on it is up to them. No label = Possibility.

I had a similar discussion about Possibility involving "aspirational narrative" figures like Wonder Woman and Superman with +Adella Thompson  and we reached similar conclusions.

Then later I was talking to my DEAD writing buddy +Kurt Vonnegut (he's great over a cup of coffee, despite being dead and all) and we realized he had reached much the same conclusion in his novel DEADEYE DICK. The relevant passage appears above, in a cool segment I like to call "Blah, Blah, Blah."

Anyway, the novel is going fine, and my target date for completion of a readable draft is July 15. Hold me to it! The 2013 commitment is 500 words a day, and 2500 words edited every weekend. So far, so good.