Monday, September 2, 2013

A rave review for JIHADI in REPUBLIKA ONLINE ... before the novel is published!

An on-line friend, @_imuk, sent me a Tweet advising me that JIHADI had been written up in an Indonesian magazine.

Huh?

Not possible, I wrote back. I've only posted part of one chapter.

This morning I woke up and he'd sent me the link. I made a quick trip to Google Translate, and ...what do you know? They obviously did some research on me, quoting from what appears to have been another article on my book BEYOND MERE CHRISTIANITY. It's basically a "keep an eye on this writer" piece. And yes, it does say nice things about the novel. It ran in June. SubhanAllah!

Indonesia has the world's largest population of Muslims, and this appears to be their TIME magazine. Or something. Here's the excerpt that appears to have prompted the interest of REPUBLIKA ONLINE ... and generated 50,000 views!