Wednesday, November 6, 2013

#Jihadi is a novel about an American citizen accused of terrorism.

I've been working on #Jihadi for six years. I choose to see that as a positive. The readable draft, which looks to weigh in at 110,000 words, completes 12/10/13, inshaAllah.

I don't write "first" drafts like other people do. I have to get a chapter right before I move on the next one. Some people think that's crazy. They may be right.

An excerpt from Chapter One of Jihadi appears here.

Here's a video of me reading the same text.



The Pinterest board for Jihadi is here.

The twitter feed for Jihadi is here.

A clickable mini-movie about me and my six-year journey writing Jihadi is here.

A synopsis, kind of, is here.

At the end of the day, Jihadi is a love story. Although I don't envy anyone the task of turning this novel into a screenplay, the three actors I have envisioned playing the leads are ...

Daniel Day-Lewis as Thelonius:


Julianne Moore as Becky:


Myriam Francois-Cerrah (aka Emilie Francois) as Fatima:
 
If you'd like to beta-read Jihadi, drop me a line.