Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The T-Dog Express

An interesting period begins. I now have great notes from Richard Gibney and Mary Cain and Adella Wright. Of these, Mary's are by far the most detailed and, let's be frank here, sadistic. Which is what I need. Everybody else who didn't get Mary as a critique partner ... tough luck. :)

Stepping back, I realize I still have a fair amount of work to do on JIHADI (novel by Brandon Toropov) before it is ready to send out to contests or agents in any form. I begin that work today. On a daily basis, total word count (currently 122k) will probably go down slightly. I'll post that. But I'm not going to worry about generating 500 new words a day for some new project, since a) I want to focus on this and b) all these revisions invariably generate lots of new text, but without pushing the overall manuscript count into the positive numbers. I don't have time to count how many new words I'm adding while cutting 500 or so a day.

The goal is to get this baby ready for inspection by the Pulitzer-Readiness Committee by the 21st of January. I still need help with the $@%^&* synopsis, which I loathe. Here is cat Paprika 's current draft: "Bad things happen, then good things happen." *Help.*

More eyes, more feedback welcome if you've got the time. If you don't -- stand back. Here comes the T-Dog Express.
 
You can read an excerpt from Chapter One of +JIHADI (novel by Brandon Toropov) by clicking here.