Monday, December 23, 2013

Writing a first draft vs. editing a first draft (And ... more great feedback on #JIHADI from readers)


Oh well. At least I have my #cat Paprika around to help me keep my Pulitzer hopes burning bright.

And -- this is fun -- I also have fan mail! Beta readers are starting to say very nice things indeed about the latest revisions on +JIHADI (novel by Brandon Toropov) .

+Richard Gibney wrote: "This man's novel is something else. A consummate, multi-arc storyteller. Page-turning literary thriller."

+Katya Mills wrote: "Hey, I'm 33% into JIHADI, and really think Becky sucks. Praying for sweet Child. And Fatima kicks ass! You've really got something here, started slow, now it's rolling in momentum. Nice, nice, nice."

+Mary Cain wrote: "I just fell in love.  With Thelonius.  The main character in Brandon Toropov's  novel JIHADI.  I did not see it coming.  Hit me like a freight train.  And that's the best way to fall."

+WT Gator read the Chapter One excerpt and wrote: "I want more!"

And +Adella Wright wrote: "The layering of story-telling works well, and the pacing is fantastic."

All of these good folks (with the exception of Richard Gibney, who's a glutton for punishment) are offering feedback from reading the early sections of the novel. It's the second half that has me wondering how the manuscript found its way into an episode of HOARDERS: BURIED ALIVE.

I do have a plan for de-cluttering and cleanup. Stay tuned.

To read an excerpt from +JIHADI (novel by Brandon Toropov) , click on the picture of Paprika below.

Click on the picture of Paprika to read an excerpt from Brandon Toropov's novel JIHADI