Monday, April 14, 2014

M is for #MADE IT! (atozchallenge) (#abna third round)

Alhamdulillah. 

After six years of work on my novel JIHADI: A LOVE STORY, I got word today that the book made it into the third round of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award competition. 



MADE IT! 10,000 global English-language entries have now been winnowed down to 500, and Thelonius Liddell is still standing.

I've had lots of requests from people who want to read the book. Good news today: Very soon, you will be able to read an excerpt from the novel on Amazon and leave comments for the ABNA judges. 

They will cut the field of competitors down to a mere 25 on June 13, and they want to hear from you. Stay tuned for a post on how to access that (lengthy) excerpt once it's on Amazon.

For a brief excerpt of JIHADI: A LOVE STORY, click here.

For a video of me reading the same passage, click here.

To follow JIHADI: A LOVE STORY on Pinterest, click here.


Many expressions of gratitude are in order here. My thanks go out to Honorary Beta Reader Martha Alderson, who hasn't read the manuscript yet, but whose PLOT WHISPERER program allowed me to finish a book that sometimes seemed unfinishable. Thanks are also due to the patient, gifted beta readers who shared their insights as I wrote this book: Ksenia Anske, Nina Anthonijsz, Mary Cain, Daoud Ali Chavez, Eustacia Tan, L. T. Dalin, Richard Gibney, Reazul Islam, Julie K. Griffith, Paul Kater, Kim Korte, Becka McIntosh, Brian Meeks, Katya Mills, Nina MJ, Bill Morrison, Claudette Anne Pearson, N. M. Scuri, C.M. Skiera, Ann Smyth, and Adella Wright.

I will post more updates as I get them. 

A great day!