Sunday, February 15, 2015

The List


(4-6-2015:) At any given moment I am reading five or so books with a firm intention of completing them. There is a pretty good track record of following through on that intention. I thought I might, from update the books in question here. Right now the five on the list are...

The Holy Qur'an (Always on the list; a book that reads the reader. I don't know how many times I've read this book. This rereading has me at 7:162.)

War and Peace (Tolstoy.)

Les Miserables (Hugo, usually on the list. Third time through.)

On Writing (King. I want it to always be on the list, and I think it will be.)

The Sea (John Banville. Just an extraordinary prose stylist. I'm about a third of the way in.)



Since the last update, I finished Seymour: An Introduction, which was brilliant and strange and loving.