Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The five books I am reading: June 3 edition

I tend to read multiple books at once and I have reached a point in my life where I am okay with that.

* T.B. Irving's translation of THE HOLY QUR'AN (my favorite English edition)

* J.D. Salinger's FRANNY AND ZOOEY (it's turned out to be a book for long seated trips, so it's taken me a while to make progress, because I have ended up waiting for such trips to return to it)

* Steve Zaffor and Dave Logan's THE THREE LAWS OF PERFORMANCE: REWRITING THE FUTURE OF YOUR ORGANIZATION AND YOUR LIFE (just a superb, business-friendly recapitulation of the Landmark Forum principles)

* CONTEMPORARY FICTION: 70 SHORT STORIES SINCE 1970 (an impeccable collection featuring top-notch work from Margaret Atwood, James Carver, Richard Ford, Annie Proulx, Alice Walker, and on and on.... last night I devoured Atwood's DEATH BY LANDSCAPE)



* Leo Tolstoy's WAR AND PEACE (another eat-it-when-I-am-in-the-mood entree that never goes bad in the refrigerator)