Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Five Books I'm Reading -- July Edition

Followers of this space know that I am perpetually gnawing on, and occasionally consuming, multiple books simultaneously. Below, the five most recently served up as entrees in my world.

To The Lighthouse, Virginia Woolf. I have an audiobook of this on my Audible account, and have been listening to it intermittently, on walks and long journeys, as the mood strikes me, for over a year now. More than halfway through. It never fails to amaze.



A Distant Mirror, Barbara Tuchman. Brilliant narrative history of 14th-century Europe. Yes, the author's name is pronounced with a hard "K" sound. 

The Holy Quran.  I'm always reading this.

Les Miserables, Victor Hugo. Ditto.

The Three Laws of Performance, Zaffron and Logan, Ditto.