Saturday, September 12, 2015

Day After

First and foremost, can I ask whether we stopped everything on December 7, 1955, to make sure that the words "Pearl Harbor" showed up above the fold on that morning's newspaper? I honestly don't know. I'm just curious. Is it fair to point out, though, that we're talking about fourteen years now? We are now as far away from September 11, 2001 as September 11, 2001 was from the Reagan Administration.

Second. How naive am I? I didn't imagine reactionaries the US would go so low as to exploit the human tragedy in Mecca for political points. In my holy city, a crane collapsed and killed over a hundred people. That's nothing to do with Al Qaeda zombies or any other variety of zombie. So stop the hate talk, please, about "karma" for the attacks on America, and acknowledge with me that lots of Muslims died in those attacks.

Third. Now that it's September 12th, can I say this and maybe reach a clearer collective head in the US? (Taps mike.) FOUR MILLION people have died in the so-called War on Terror. That is over a THOUSAND 9/11s.

Just something to think about.

No catchy picture on this post, sorry. I'm interested mainly in reaching people who are capable of processing $@1*+! written words, some of (gasp!) two or more syllables in length.